October 12, 2011

Pecan Candy Recipe

As much as I've researched it and  love to eat it, I don't know how to make pecan candy. I've always wanted to learn but didn't. In the past I thought about asking several people for their recipes but all the people I know make "real deal" pecan candy. And when you make that kind of candy, you don't use a recipe!  You just know how much cream and sugar and butter to use. Anyway, I found this recipe at the foodnetwork and I thought it would be fun to share. I'm not sure how they would taste, but I've never met a piece of pecan candy I didn't like!

Ingredients

Directions

Mix light brown sugar, granulated sugar, heavy cream, butter, water and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until sugar dissolves. Stir in pecans and cook over medium heat until mixture reaches the soft ball stage, 238 to 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer. If you spoon a drop of boiling syrup into a cup of ice water, it will form a soft ball that flattens easily between your fingers.
Remove pan from heat and stir rapidly until mixture thickens. Drop pralines by the spoonfuls, 1-inch apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Let cool completely until firm. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment